Posted to Facebook June 3, 2018
To my female friends who have made the trip around the sun a "few" times 😉, most of us are going through the next stage of our lives. We are at that age where we see wrinkles, gray hair, extra pounds. Menopause has showed up or is waiting around the corner. We see pretty 25-year olds and smile. We were 25 too, just like they will one day be our age. What they bring to the table with their youth and zest, we bring with our wisdom, experience and good hearts. For all we've been through earning each gray hair - jobs, raising kids, life's bills and ills, or whatever else life brought over the 70’s, 80's, 90's on up, we are survivors. We are warriors. We are Women. Like classic cars or fine wine, our exterior may not be what it once was. It is traded for spirit, courage and strength while we enter this chapter of our lives with grace and pride for all we've been through and accomplished. NEVER, feel bad about aging. It is a privilege denied to many. Remember age is only a number! YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL 💕 – Author Unknown
The above was posted a couple years ago on Facebook. I saved it in my notes and found it today. It still really resonates with me…. I am 43. A divorced mom of 2 amazing kiddos. I have struggled with putting myself first, guilt, shame, my weight, self-esteem, money, non-enoughness, courage and so much more. So many ups and downs through this amazing life journey. As I have aged, I have realized so much about myself. Through my spirituality and personal development, I have become more comfortable in my skin and find joy in every day. Life is more beautiful as I age. I feel more beautiful as I age.
7 Ways to Age Beautifully
1. Put Yourself First and Practice Self-Care – Do what makes you feel fulfilled and happy. Spend time on yourself every day. Be You, Do You. Get to know yourself. Feel you Feelings.
2. Meditate Daily – Find quiet time each day to breath and quiet your mind. Meditation helps to reduce stress and anxiety, increase self-awareness, increase attention span, reduce memory loss, promote emotional health, control pain and improve sleep. There are so many different ways to meditate. Find what works for you. Meditation helps with all aspects of life including connecting me with my higher self. And it’s so easy to incorporate into life because you can meditate, anytime, anywhere. Even if you only have a few minutes a day, meditating consistently is such a great way to improve the quality of your life.
3. Get Enough Sleep – Sleep is crucial for our health, mental, emotional, physical and spiritual health. It helps improve our mood as well as those bags under our eyes! Having a nighttime ritual helps to prepare for a good night sleep. I like to oil up, journal, meditate and read before bed and it really helps me to get in a good space before hitting the hay. Be sure to shut off electronics at least an hour before bedtime.
4. Move Daily – Go for a walk, do yoga, go hiking, exercise, dance, play ball with the kids, swim, ride bikes stand more than you sit (when you have a desk job get up and move around every hour). Leading an active lifestyle over a sedentary lifestyle not only gives us more energy but helps us reduce stress, reduce risk of illness, improve mood and sleep. The kids definitely help me get more active and we also have fun doing it!
5. Practice Mindfulness – Setting intentions, practicing acceptance and living in the moment can help improve focus & memory, lower stress and increase immune functioning. Breathe, get out in nature, do yoga, meditate, color.
6. Connect – Having meaningful relationships and connecting with friends and loved ones, including furry family members, can improve mental and physical well-being as well as longevity. True connect can help to lower stress, reduce depression and loneliness and increase moods.
7. Protect my energy – Watch who you spend your time with and how you spend your time. Use tools like cloaking, cord cutting, meditation, mindfulness and healing modalities and techniques including essentials oils, crystals, reiki, sound healing and more. Call on your angels, guides, friends, mentors and family for help when you could use it. Choose your peer groups and activities wisely. Keep your home clean and decluttered. Practice self-care. Energy is everywhere. Everything and everyone you are in contact with can affect you and you can affect everything and everyone around you as well. Be mindful and aware. And when you feel your energy dragging, lift it up.
The biggest thing to remember about aging beautifully is to live true to you. Accept yourself for who you are and be grateful to be you, now and always. Age is just a number. You are how you feel.
Always remember if there is anything I can do to help you on your journey please connect with me.
Love & Light,